Prayer is one of the most powerful tools we have as Christians; it is our own personal access to a direct line of communication with the Almighty Creator of the whole universe. When we pray, we are talking to the one who knit us together in our mother’s womb and He knows us even better than we know ourselves.
When you don’t know what to do: Pray. When you don’t have the strength to do it on your own: Pray. When your heart is broken and you are hurting: Pray. If you are lacking wisdom: Pray. If you can’t find the answers you seek: Pray.
No matter what you are facing in life, God answers prayers!
Have your prayer lifted to God from Christians around the world with our unique online prayer request. From your lips to His ears.
I am a firm believer that God answers prayers and I have seen God answer prayers in my life and in the lives of many others.
However, it is important to remember that God’s ways are higher than our ways. Yes, God answers prayers, but He is not a vending machine that you can pray to in order to get whatever you want. God desires for us to have an intimate relationship with Him and understand His heart for His children.
God is our Heavenly Father and truly wants the best for us. If most little children could have their own way they would eat candy and sweets for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but their parents know what is best for them. All the children know is that sweets taste good; they have not lived long enough to know the dangers. Yet, the parents have lived long enough to know that eating sweets for every meal is not healthy and can lead to health problems in the future.
To a certain extent, it is the same way with God. Sometimes, we think we know what is best for our lives. So, we pray to God that He will move in a certain way, but God is infinite in His wisdom, and, as our Heavenly Father, He knows what is best for us.
God may not answer our prayers in the way that we think He should or the way that we wish He would, but we can have assurance that when God answers our prayers it is for our good!
25 Bible Verses About God Answering Prayers
1. Matthew 6: 6 – “But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.
God hears our prayers and when we spend time with him in prayer He rewards us.
2. Isaiah 59: 1-2 – “Behold, the LORD’s hand is not short that it cannot save; nor is His ear so dull that it cannot hear. 2 But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear.”
How can we expect God to hear and answer our prayers if we are walking in disobedience? We must have a pure heart before God when we pray, lest our prayers be in vain.
Of course, God can hear our prayers and, of course, He is mighty enough to save, but we should seek to have humble and repentant hearts before the Lord so that our prayers will be heard and answered.
3. Matthew 7: 7-8 – “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.”
God wants each of us to earnestly seek Him when we have a need to come to Him. When we truly seek Him and come to Him for all of our needs.
God is our Heavenly Father and it pleases Him just as it pleases an earthly mother or father when their children come to them for advice or help.
4. Matthew 7: 9-11 – “Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf[of bread], will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!”
This verse speaks for itself. Even an earthly parent will seek to do what is best for his or her children, so how much more with our Heavenly Father do for us?
5. Jeremiah 29: 11-12 – “For I know the plans I have for you; declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all of your heart.
God knows our past and He knows what the future holds for us. God has good plans for us and when we call upon the Lord and seek Him with all of our hearts we will indeed find Him. He does not hide Himself from us, but often we do not truly seek him with all of our hearts and minds.
6. Psalm 91: 16 – “He will call upon Me , and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him.”
God will be with us when we are in times of trouble and he will hear our cries. God will carry you through and give you strength when in need.
7. Psalms 145: 18-19 – “The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon him in truth. 19 He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He will also hear their cry and will save them.”
Praise be to God! We have this promise: that if we call upon the Lord with a genuine heart of reverence He will hear our cries and save us!
8. James 1: 5 – “But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.“
My friends, whatever we need, let us ask it of God! God will be faithful to give us the things that we need.
9. James 1: 6 – “But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind.”
When we ask things of God in prayer we must not doubt! We must believe and have faith that God is able to give us that which we have asked for.
10. 1 John 5: 14-15 – “This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.”
This is our confidence in Christ, that he hears us if we ask according to His will. That’s the key! God will never answer a prayer that is against His will. However, if we pray according to the will of God, He will always give us according to what we ask.
11. Ephesians 3: 20 – “Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us,”
Friend, God is able to do far above what we could ever ask or dream! God has a way of not only giving us the answer to our prayers, but going above and beyond what we have prayed for! Hallelujah!
12. John 15: 7 – “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.”
This is an “if-then statement”. If we abide in God and His words abide in us, then Jesus says that whatever we ask will be done. We must be in Christ and He in us. If we meet this condition, then Christ will do what He said He would do.
This verse reminds us of the importance of seeking God with all of our hearts.
13. John 14: 13 – “Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father might be glorified in the son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.”
There is power when we pray in the Name of Jesus!
14. John 16: 32 – “…Truly, truly I say to you, if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you.”
Jesus is the key! Through Christ, our prayers can be answered!
15. James 4: 3 – “You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures.”
Sometimes we do not receive the things that we have prayed for because we are asking with the wrong motives. If we are not asking from a pure heart then we will not receive the things that we have asked.
However, the opposite is also true. If we ask from a pure heart with the right motives, God will give us that which we have prayed for.
16. Psalm 145: 18 – “The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon him in truth.”
Here, the word for truth comes from the Hebrew word “emet” which means firmness, faithfulness, or truth. So, God is near to all who call upon him and are faithful and true to Him.
17. Jeremiah 33: 3 – “Call to me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you did not know.”
Whatever we have need of, we can come to him. As God’s Children, we have the right to come to our Heavenly Father to ask for the things that we need!
18. Psalm 10: 7 – “Oh LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will strengthen their heart, You will incline Your ear.”
Thank God for another promise that God hears and answers our prayers!
When we come before the Lord with a pure heart of humility, we can find strength and we know that God will hear us. God knows the desires of our hearts!
19. Psalm 66: 19-20 – “But certainly God has heard; He has given heed to the voice of my prayer. 20 Blessed be God, Who has not turned away my prayer Nor His lovingkindness from me.”
God will never stop loving us and He will never turn His heart away from us. God is always there waiting with open arms for us to come to him with humility and truth. God will hear our earnest prayers!
20. Psalm 118: 21 – “I shall give thanks to You, for You have answered me, and you have become my salvation.”
21. Proverbs 15: 29 – “The LORD is far from the wicked, but He hears the prayer of the righteous.”
The Bible reminds us of the importance of walking rightly before God.
Lord, grant it to us to be nearer to you each day!
22. Psalm 102: 17 – “He regarded the prayer of the destitute and has not despised their prayer.”
The prayers of those who are desperate always have a special place in His heart. When we are in the lowest of lows, God hears us!
23. James 4: 2 – “…You have not because you ask not”
God is our loving Father and He longs for us to depend on Him for our every need. If you have a need, ask it of the Lord. We have to stop and ask ourselves, “Have I prayed about this yet?”
24. Matthew 18: 19 – “Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.”
We have another incredible promise through the Word of God that our prayers will be answered.
There is strength in numbers! When we pray together, let us agree with one another in one mind and one accord and believe that we will receive what we have prayed for!
Having others join us in prayer gives encouragement that we are not fighting our battles alone and that there are others helping us to bring our petition to God. Although we can certainly pray to God alone, there is added strength and promise when we pray in agreement with one another!
25. Mark 11: 24 – “Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them and they will be granted to you.”
This is the key with any prayer you ever pray! The Bible tells us that when we ask of the Lord we should pray without any doubting. We must have faith when we pray.
If we pray with faith, believing that we will receive from God and without doubting that he is able, the Bible tells us that it will be granted unto us.
Lord, help us to have the faith to believe that we will receive!
Help Our Unbelief
Beloved, we must walk before God with pure hearts. If we cling to any unrighteousness, we put a damper on the effectiveness of our prayers. The Bible is very clear that God hears the prayers of those who pray “in truth”, meaning out of faithfulness and humility.
The Bible also tells us that we must pray believing that we shall receive that which we have prayed for. Sometimes when we pray, we have doubts in our minds like: “Is God really hearing me?” or “How am I going to make it if my prayer isn’t answered?”. When this happens, we are allowing unbelief to take root in our hearts, hindering and stifling our prayers.
Thanks to these scriptures, we can pray with full assurance and confidence that God is hearing our prayers and that He is willing and able to answer the prayers of those who seek him with all of their hearts! Therefore, let us pray with hearts eager and ready to receive from God.
Lord, help our unbelief!
Join Me In a Short Prayer
Lord, cleanse my heart and give me a pure heart before you and hear my prayer today. Help me, oh God, to walk humbly before you and to live a life that is righteous in your sight!
Thank You, Oh Lord, for reminding me through the Holy Scriptures about the great love you have for me and your great willingness to answer my prayers!
Lord, I know that your Word tells me that if I believe, that I will recieve what I have asked for…Father, please help my unbelief and give me an unshakeable faith, knowing that you are a God who answers prayers!!
In the most matchless Name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, I pray, AMEN!